Medical Administrative Assistant Cover Letter
Medical Administrative Assistants coordinate activities in a clinical office and ensure the smooth running of various operations. Most of the duties performed by Medical Administrative Assistants are clerical, but they can also be expected to handle some basic clinical duties. Responsibilities include: greeting visitors, collecting patient information, directing patients to exam rooms, sending specimens to the laboratory, maintaining daily schedule, answering to client inquiries, handling the correspondence, attending clinical meetings, updating patient information, and ordering supplies.
Examples of qualifications mentioned in a typical Medical Administrative Assistant cover letter include:
- Medical terminology knowledge
- Organization and planning
- Customer service skills
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Fast typing and computer skills
- Telephone etiquette
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Those interested in a Medical Administrative Assistant position can check relevant skills in the sample cover letter displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Medical Administrative Assistant Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Byler:
Upon learning of your search for an experienced Medical Administrative Assistant, I hastened to submit my resume for your consideration. As a personable, efficient, and highly organized professional with proven expertise in general administrative support in medical settings, I am prepared to significantly contribute to your office’s goals and objectives.
My experience includes nine years of performing diverse administrative tasks to ensure seamless office operations in various health care facilities. From updating patient records and verifying insurance coverage to scheduling patients and maintaining supply levels, I excel at facilitating optimal patient experiences while simultaneously maximizing office productivity and efficiency.
A few of my professional achievements include…
- Performing comprehensive administrative activities—including phone coverage, correspondence, front desk support, records maintenance, and billing functions—while adhering to internal procedures and HIPPA regulations.
- Possessing a strong grasp of extensive medical terminology as well as a diversified proficiency in various technological programs.
- Holding a solid work ethic while demonstrating an unwavering commitment to delivering outstanding support within fast-paced, patient-centric environments.
- Excelling at balancing multiple tasks while providing top-level organization, interpersonal, and communication skills.
My skills in general administrative support—coupled with my collaborative abilities, reliability, and positive attitude—position me to excel in this role, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. I would be pleased to offer more insight into my qualifications. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Jonathan I. Eugene
Medical Office Manager Cover Letter
Medical Office Managers are in charge for the smooth running of a medical facility. Their main areas of responsibility are daily operations, staffing, and budgeting. Key responsibilities of a Medical Office Manager are monitoring budgets and expenses, ordering office and medical supplies, recruiting and hiring staff, assisting physicians and nurses, maintaining records, offering informative and promotional material to patients, and making sure the facility is clean and organized.
The ideal candidate for this job should be able to demonstrate the following qualities throughout his or her cover letter:
- Healthcare administration training
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Organization and planning
- Time management and work prioritization
- Discretion and integrity
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Being able to work under pressure
- Problem-solving orientation
- Customer service skills
- Computer competences
Relevant job skills and experience can also be seen in the sample cover letter provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Medical Office Manager Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Adkins:
As a highly skilled and enthusiastic professional with more than 12 years of experience managing all facets of operations in patient-centric medical offices, I am certain to add immense value as your next Medical Office Manager. With this in mind, I invite you to consider the enclosed resume outlining my credentials and demonstrating my ability to excel in this position.
Through success in overseeing HR, budgeting, supply management, and patient service—as well as developing and leading productive and efficient office staff—I am more than prepared to meet, or exceed, Olive Branch Medical’s goals. In my most recent position as the Office Manager for Brookdale Medical Center, I adeptly managed day-to-day office operations and staff while simultaneously delivering outstanding patient experiences. My complementary skills in records management, scheduling, and forecasting position me to thrive in this role.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Managing a full range of operational responsibilities with Brookdale Medical Center, a high-volume general medical practice serving upwards of 55 patients each day and comprising 7 physicians, 13 RNs, 11 LPNs, and 9 NPs.
- Administered and planned $1.2M annual office budget, working closely with physicians and fellow administrators to achieve optimal productivity and practice growth.
- Recruiting, hiring, evaluating, and directing high-performance staff while providing continuing education and professional development opportunities to stimulate increases in skill sets and morale.
- History of success recommending office initiatives and improved procedures to maximize productivity and boost patient satisfaction.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Health Care Management from Texas State University (expected to achieve in 2017).
Furthermore, my detail-oriented nature and ability to effectively collaborate with and lead other team members offer additional skills essential to this position. I believe I would be a strong asset to your office, and I look forward to hearing from you to discuss how I may contribute to your goals.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Nathan L. Armstrong