Television News vs. Newspaper
611 WordsApr 2nd, 20113 Pages
Television news vs. Newspaper When it comes to finding about the news of what’s going on in our world, we want details and facts. We want the juice of what’s actually going on. The debate between the efficiency of newspapers and TV news, TV news is a lot more effective.
Watching the news on TV is a lot easier for people to understand and is more convenient than reading it on paper. For the people who are always in a rush in the morning, it’s more convenient to turn on the TV and listen to what’s going on rather than trying to read a paper because it will only slow your task down. Also, for the people who don’t know how to read and for elders whose eyes don’t function properly, the TV is a better source of finding out the news. Not only…show more content…
The smallest story could be the most important; but if you have a newspaper, you won’t be able to find out what’s going on, so you’ll have to rely on the TV news to tell you what you want to know. TV offers more options of news. People are mostly fond of making choices. Watching TV can satisfy this requirement. Because there are many channels for options on news, for example, ABC7 channel news doesn’t provide you the news you want to know about, then you can always change the channel. But the newspaper is published by one publication. Whatever information is on there is what you have to stick with. The point of view and the news are somehow limited and prejudice. So in order to get a comprehensive view, people can try many different channels to get an understanding.
Unlike the TV news, newspaper are portable and has no time limited, this has the advantages that people can read them whenever they want. But I believe that getting news from TVs is due to its efficiency, convenience and easy understanding is a lot better than just reading the
Benefits of watching news channels
Posted Date: |Updated: 10-Aug-2012 |Category: Education|Author: Prakhar Raghuvanshi|Member Level: Gold|Points: 20|
In this article, I have discussed about what are the benefits of watching news channels daily. News channels are really a part of essential needs of entertainment. It is entertainment because it will fulfil the needs of the mind regarding knowledge. News channels have several benefits and they can be helpful for any class of people. Let us have a detailed study about to whom and how they are helpful.
News channels are usually a main part of TV entertainment and there is no person who loves to watch TV can say that he never watches news. Also a person who lives in this world has to do something regarding gaining latest knowledge in miscellaneous fields. News is very important in any field as they make us aware of latest trends, changes and the conditions of the world.
Benefits to different people:
Every person has some needs of news channels and they are benefitted through them in many ways. It is important for every class person in following manner:
- Students: Students are really benefitted from watching news channels. News channels fulfil their educational needs and they can be benefitted in gaining good knowledge from news channels. Students can get the latest general knowledge regarding current affairs of the nation and the world. All students can help themselves by watching news channels and getting good marks. News channel will give them good IQ which they can use in quizzes, competitions, debates and aptitude tests. In this way news channels are beneficial to students.
- Businessmen: Businessmen can be benefited very well by the news channels. They can watch the current status of market all around the world. It will be a faster way to know the current situations as newspapers show a day before news. In this way news channel can be beneficial. For example, they can see the latest points of stock market and the value of gold, silver and the shares of different companies and their values. So it will be good for businessmen to have a careful look over news channels. Even the smallest point can change their whole business.
- Government workers: Government workers will be benefitted as they will be aware of the latest GOs by the government and all the new policies and conditions as stated and changed by the government. Government officers always have to concern about their salary grades and new announcements. They can look at the latest news from the news channels regarding this.
- Private sector workers: Private sector workers can know about new companies and new opportunities which they can get if they have to switch from one type of job to other. New workers will get to know about companies that can take them. Employees have always to know about new acts and company status. They can be aware of strikes, government announcements regarding private sectors, recent technologies and new fields in which they can get good benefit in terms of money.
- Writers: Writers who write articles in newspapers, magazines and weeklies are benefitted from news channels as they get new and great topics to write their articles. Latest issues that have been shown in the news channels can be taken by them as topics for discussion. They can also send their topics to news channel for on-air discussions.
- Social workers: Social workers who voluntarily do the work can know their field with the help of news channels. They can see in the news where there is the need of their helping hands. For example, if a news channel shows a place where child labour is practiced, the social workers can help out the children of that place. In this way NGOs and social workers are benefitted from news channels.
- Teachers: Teachers can get latest knowledge which they can discuss with their students. The new topics can be held for discussion in the class and in this way the teacher can help the students as well. They will be able to know exact facts and the precise values with the help of news channels.
- Law makers: The law makers and the law enforcers can be benefitted by the news channels as they can frame the laws according to the current needs of the people. In this way the best options can be implemented and common man will be benefitted from this.
The conclusion can be drawn that news are really very important. Due to the increasing impacts of news media, news channels have got a new role to play as a helper of the society. With their good attempts and exact coverage of news, news channels can really help to bring out a change in the society. Indian media has to show some extra responsibility as there are now serious issues that are concerned with the nation.